Times, Prices, Location. Audition & Uniform
The School is based at Exeter College's stunning studios - including a dance studio, theatre and drama studio.
Address: Exeter College Dance Studio,
We always try and mimic main school term dates.
This term we Start back on the 9th September and break on the 6th December. Half term 21-25 October.
Juniors - Monday - 4.45pm - 6.30pm ages 7,8,9
INTER FOUNDATION - Monday - 6.30pm - 8.30pm ages 10,11,12,13
Intermediates - Wednesday - 5.00pm - 8.00pm - ages 14,15
Seniors - Tuesdays or Thursdays - 5.00pm-8.00pm. 16+
There will be a charge of £5.75 an hour, which is 30% less than most other theatre schools in the area or the same.
Each class has a maximum of 18 students, therefore students gain their maximum training potential and get individual attention.
BACS can be used. Cheques can be made payable to 'Richard Dale Theatre School'.
There will be a small audition. This is nothing to be scared of. The audition happens in the form of a trial and auditionees will be observed during the session. The audition will be a combination of dance, singing and acting. There is nothing you need to prepare. The idea of the audition is to gauge the talent in the area, and to see each students individual strengths. We just want you to have fun and we will not be judging you.
Auditions for theatre, film and TV:
Students will be put forward for local touring productions - i.e. at the Princess Theatre, Torquay. Also for local adverts or TV filming. We also run RDTS alongside 'Patrick Managment' agency based in Exeter. Students have auditioned in the past for Coca Cola Adverts and Disney.
PR - constantly happens at the school - this has included press releases in the Express and Echo, Exeter Living Magazine and BBC radio Devon.
School T Shirts are available to buy for £12. Please wear clothes which you can move in - i.e. relaxed trousers and dance shoes (trainers, taps and jazz shoes). Girls need cuban heels. Please bring a folder for material and a voice recorder for lessons.
Richard Dale Theatre School Terms and Conditions & Fee Information
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all students of the Richard Dale Theatre School and additional dance classes or tuition provided by the Richard Dale Theatre School (The ‘School’).
1.For students under the age of 18 the application to attend classes and consent to the School Terms and Conditions must come from the parent or guardian.
2. Students over the age of 18 may apply for a place at the School and consent to the School Terms and Conditions themselves. However where the parent or guardian of such student is paying the School fees, the student is required to have their parent consent to the School Terms and Conditions.
3. These Terms and Conditions may be subject to change, any change to the School Terms and Conditions will be issued on the School website (www.richarddalets.co.uk)
4. Prior to each term and for each new Student joining within term-time an invoice will be provided detailing the class times and venue for the School. Payment for the term is to be made in advance. Payment of the School fees is deemed acceptance of the School Terms and Conditions.
5. Fee Payment. Fees can be paid in the following ways:
Bank transfer. Payment details provided on the Invoice
6. The School will be held weekly. As far as is possible the School term dates will follow the normal academic term dates, however this may not always be possible. Students are required to take note of the term dates which will be provided on the Invoice, School website and in the School newsletter. The term dates for the following term will be made known at the end of each term.
7. Students are required to fill in an application form detailing their particulars, contact details and emergency contact details. Receipt of the application form and payment of the invoice establishes a contract between the School and the student. All student information provided in the application form is treated as confidential.
8. Cancellation. There is a 7 day cool off period. Termination within the 7 day period will result in the remainder of fees for any classes which will not be attended being refunded. Refunds are not given for classes that have already been attended. Termination outside of the 7 day period will be effective as of the end of the current term during which the termination notice is provided. Termination notice will only be accepted when received by Richard Dale in writing.
9. No refunds will be given for absence as a waiting list is in place.
10. The School is an educational establishment running a vocational course for students seeking to become proficient in singing, dancing and acting. The School requires students to attend on time and participate to the best of their abilities. The School is not an after-school/recreational club. Any student failing to attend, frequently late, failing to put in the required effort or causing disruption to other students may be excluded. The School reserves the right to exclude students at its discretion.
11. Students agree to press releases, website media, Events and public performances unless a specific request for exclusion from such activities is received in writing.
12. Fees are reviewed annually in September.
13.Students participate at their own risk and are obliged to inform the School of any existing injuries or medical condition.
14. Students are obliged to take care of their own belongings. We accept no liability for lost or damaged belongings.